Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Consolation Prize

Guess what?  Life isn't fair and skinny isn't the consolation prize......  But, Jamaica is! 

I booked my husband and I a fun in the sun all-inclusive Jamaican vacation for the end of May.  Couldn't be more excited! 

So, keeping my big secret is becoming more and more of a challenge.  I blurted my secret out to the travel agent today.  I justified this outburst because I just HAD to explain why I needed travel insurance, right?  My husband asked me before dinner with his parents if he could tell them...."Of course not!" 

Then there was the big lie today.  I am a hygienist at my husband's dental practice.  I was telling one of the other hygienists that my mouth felt gross today because I had to eat some TUMS last night in bed after I brushed my teeth.  "Melanie, are you pregnant again?"  Deny, deny, deny!  That was my strategy.  I brought up the all-inclusive Jamaica trip with inclusive alcoholic beverages to try to throw her off my track.... I don't think it worked to be honest.  I am a bad liar. 

My secret keeping goal is Mother's Day which is May 8th.  My mom is coming for Mother's Day weekend and my brother and his girlfriend will probably be here too.   We could invite my in-laws for the outing too.  Mother's Day would mark the last day of week 14 of my pregnancy with "Val."  Hopefully I'll be in the "safe" zone by then. 

So, on a slightly less cheery note, we finally got my son's autopsy last week.  What to do with it?  I'm just not sure.  We have thought about having a reading of the autopsy done by a person far away from our town.  We  have been told that if there is anything goofy that contributed to our son's death, that Columbus doctors cover each others' backs. 

My mom got a voice message from my Dad's college roommate regarding some sort of reunion.  DING, DING, DING....the bell went off for Mom...Dad's old buddy is a pediatrician.  Mom wanted to know if we would like to have him read the autopsy since he lives in New York.  Ahhh, so many emotions about this and ALL of them contradict each other.  I really don't know what I want to do.  Perhaps tomorrow I will write about what happened with Dad and baby Russ.  For now, I think I am going to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment